Do you have experience as an Accounts Receivable Specialist?
If you answered yes to the above question, Billings OB/GYN Associates is looking for you!
Billings OB/GYN Associates is looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team. Successful applicants will possess exceptional customer service skills, skillfully manage tasks in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate integrity and enthusiastically deliver their best work every day.
- Responsible for reviewing the denials in the Epic practice management system to ensure accuracy, reduce lag time for charges and to provide feedback to the other front office
- Responsible for reviewing the physician’s coding to ensure accuracy, timely payments, and to maximize revenue and to provide chart audits to educate providers on correct billing practices and areas to improve.
- Responsible for providing cross coverage for the surgery scheduler as required to ensure efficient and professional practice operations and maximum patient satisfaction.
- Provide customer service both on the telephone and in the office for all patients and authorized representatives regarding patient accounts in accordance with practice protocol. Patient calls regarding accounts receivable should be returned within 2 business days to ensure maximum patient satisfaction.
- Follow-up on all outstanding insurance claims at 60-days from the date of service in accordance with practice protocol with an emphasis on maximizing patient satisfaction and practice profitability.
- Manages self-pay accounts receivable and provides feedback to the Patient Accounts Coordinator and PAS Lead in terms of TOS collections and adherence to current policies.
- Follow-up on all outstanding patient account balances at 90-days from the date of service in accordance with practice protocol with an emphasis on maximizing patient satisfaction and practice profitability.
- Provide information pertaining to billing, coding, managed care networks, insurance carriers and reimbursement to physicians, clinic leadership and staff.
- Follow-up on all assigned work queues in Epic, correspondence, denials, account reconciliations and rebills within five working days of receipt to achieve maximum reimbursement in a timely manner with an emphasis on patient satisfaction.
- Attendance at relevant seminars to remain abreast of current issues regarding obstetric and/or gynecology accounts receivable, Medicare Compliance and HIPAA.
- Recommend accounts for outside collection when internal collection efforts fail in accordance with practice protocol.
- Process refunds to insurance companies and patients in accordance with practice protocol.
- Monitor reimbursement from managed care networks and insurance carriers to ensure reimbursement consistent with contract rates.
- Monitor the supply and quality of forms, envelopes and supplies as required to perform job functions.
- Proficiency with all facets of Epic medical practice management system including patient registration, charge entry, insurance processing, advanced collections, reports and ledger inquiry.
- Provide cross coverage for the Patient Accounts Coordinator as required to ensure efficient and professional practice operation including lunch and break coverage if needed.
- Proficiency with Epic for eligibility verification and claim status, to efficiently conduct accounts receivable follow-up and to maximize revenue.
- Maintain information regarding coding, insurance carriers, managed care networks and credentialing in an organized easy to reference format.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and professional work environment.
- Adhere to all practice policies related to OSHA, HIPAA and Medicare Compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A comprehensive understanding of accounts receivable management in a healthcare setting.
- Strong working knowledge of managed care plans, insurance carriers, referrals and precertification procedures.
- A strong working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS, modifiers, coding and documentation guidelines.
- Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills are essential to this position.
- In addition, strict adherence to write-off policies, refund policies and other accounts receivable policies as outlined in the Procedure Manual is required.
- An ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in an occasionally stressful environment.
- General computer skills, typing skills and a working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid Compliance, OSHA and HIPAA.
- The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service skills.
- Requires strong basic mathematical skills.
- Requires an extensive working knowledge of managed care networks and insurance carriers.
- Requires an extensive working knowledge of accounts receivable functions including CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Requires proficiency in general office automation including operation of fax machines, copy machines, adding machines, postage machines, and multi-line phone systems.
- Requires proficiency in working with a PC, the Internet, and MS Windows.
- Requires a good understanding of the current Medicare/Medicaid Compliance, OSHA, and HIPAA regulations.
- Requires a high degree of organization.
- Ability to establish/maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with patients using interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all staff, leaders and physicians.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Qualifications and Education
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of accounts receivable experience preferably in an obstetrics and/or gynecology setting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Working Conditions and Requirements
- Ability to work Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Combination of sitting, standing, bending, light lifting and walking.
- Requires a full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Requires the ability to manage stressful situations.
- May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons.
Benefits include medical insurance and retirement.
Submit resumes and cover letters to:Billings OB-GYN Associates
1611 Zimmerman Trail
Billings, MT 59102